Sunday, June 24, 2018

A last Note on this blog...

Mobile Nomad has had a good run, but as with all things, I think it is time to say good bye. This is not to say that there is nothing good anymore with mobile photography, just that it isn't much good use of your time.

I have had my payouts from mobile photos reduced from 5 bucks to two over the last few years, and to say that the opportunities are promising would be as bad as saying that the Russians hacked the Trump presidency.

I still shoot with my mobile, which is a LG V30+. And unfortunately, I will be doing so for stock use rather than for sharing.

But that's not to say that I would share what I shoot on Instagram. For those of you who have been wondering what I am up to can follow me there.

Writing a blog like this has been very fulfilling but it will never pay the rent or buy me enough beers to get totally smashed. So like everyone else, I will move on to greener pastures and continue to shoot on mobile for my Instagram account and on film. I have a separate blog on Blogger which caters to film photography....another site which I have abandoned since the technology in film or analog photography isn't advancing past where it stopped in the 90s.

I think this will be a fitting end. Mobile photography will live on. Hopefully when I have time to do a book and conduct actual classes, but it will be for one to one.

The sharing economy doesn't pay. Just so you know... I don't think I have gained anything by sharing. So with that in mind, I bid you farewell.

Perhaps we shall meet again in another life.



0 comments:

Post a Comment